Extract from the AIE Statute
Article 18 – The Assembly
- The Assembly is the highest governing body of AIE and it is organized on a democratic basis.
- The Assembly consists of all the founders of AIE and all members of AIE subsequently join.
- Representative of legal person of AIE is the person authorized to represent the legal person or his deputy, with the same powers in the work of the Assembly.
- Assembly acts as the Adriatic-Ionian Council.
- Status of representatives of members of the Adriatic-Ionian Council is acquired by submitting a written act of appointment by members of the Authority, in accordance with procedures prescribed in each country.
- Former Presidents of the AIE attends the Assembly, as honorary members.
Article 19 – Work domain and competence
The Assembly of the Association:
- the Statute and its amendments;
- other general acts necessary for the operation of the Association and their amendments;
- work plan and financial plan for the following calendar year;
- the statement of work for the previous calendar year;
- annual financial report;
- the decision on admitting new members and awarding the status of observers or supporting institution;
- Decision on joining federations, communities, networks and other forms of linking associations;
- Decision on changing the goals and activities, economic activities, and the termination of the distribution of the remaining assets of the association;
- Decision on status changes;
- Decision on distribution of the remaining assets of the Association;
- The decision on awarding public recognitions of the Association;
- Any other activity that the statute does not expressly assigned to other bodies;
b) elect and dismiss:
- President and Vice President;
- Members of the Steering Committee;
- Secretary of the proposal of the President;
- Members of the Commissions;
- implementation of the program of activities and other acts of the Association;
- Report of the Supervisory Board;
- Report on the work of the Association;
- other issues of importance to the activities of the Association;
- resolves appeals to members’ second degree.
- Basic elements of the policy of the Association contained in its programs,
- Way insurance, distribution and use of funds available to the Association to achieve its goals
- Establishment and powers of the commissions, as well as the procedure for the appointment and term of office of members
Article 20 – Sessions
- A session of the Assembly can be regular, electoral and extraordinary.
- Regular meetings take place at least once a year and usually every time, on a rotating basis, in the territory of another Member of AIE, and it may be convened by the President, Executive Committee, Supervisory Board or at least three members of AIE.
- Election sessions take place every two years.
- An extraordinary session of the Assembly will be held as needed. At the special session will include only those questions for which it was convened. President of AIE can convene extraordinary Assembly on its own proposal at the request of the majority of members of all members of the association or at the request of the Steering Committee or the Supervisory Board with written reasoned grounds for extraordinary Assembly and the proposed agenda.
- If President do not convene the Assembly at the request of applicants in the previous paragraph, within 15 days of the request, it shall be convened by the proposer.
- Session of the Assembly leads the President, in his absence, Vice President. The Assembly can elect a working presidency and entrust it with the conduct of the session.
- Assembly is convened by the President of the Association by submitting written invitation to the members at least 30 days before the session maintained.
- Call contains information about the time and place of the meeting and the proposed agenda. With call shipped and materials on issues on the agenda. Working material is submitted at least 10 days before the session.
- The President is responsible for the execution of the decisions and documents adopted by the Assembly.
Article 21 – Expiry of mandate
- In the case of the expiry of the mandate of bodies of AIE under this Statute they shall have the right to convene an assembly of AIE, AIE Assembly may convene every member.
Article 22 – Decision-making
- A session of the Assembly may be held if at least half of the members plus one member of the Assembly is present.
- The Assembly normally makes decisions by unanimous vote of the members present, except in cases when this Statute or other act adopted by the Assembly, prescribe a different majority.
- Decision on changing the Statute may be made if at least half of the members of the Assembly are present.
- Decision on changing the Articles of Association shall be adopted by a two thirds (2/3) majority vote of all members of the Assembly. If a member is unable to attend a session may be replaced by deputy.
- Exceptionally, at the proposal of the President, in the event that a delay or failure to hold the Assembly caused damage to a particular part or AIE as a whole, may be on particular issues within the competence of the Assembly held on the electronic means and by correspondence via email. Thus, decisions must be verified at the next session.
- Voting at meetings of the Assembly shall be public. The Assembly may decide on certain matters on secret voting.
- The minutes of the meeting are written for each Assembly session, which is signed by the recording secretary (secretary), and shall be permanently kept in the archives of AIE.
- AIE can join alliances of associations, communities, networks and other forms of linking associations. The decision on it is adopted by the Assembly.