19 June 2023, the Adriatic Ionian Euroregion, as partner of Techera, organized the final conference of the project in Dubrovnik at the Adria Hotel.
The project is funded by the Interreg Italy-Croatia Cooperation Programme 2014 – 2020, under Cluster 1 “Connectivity from the sea: data-driven solutions in the sea economy”. Techera stems from the capitalisation of 6 projects ADRIREEF, FAIRSEA, ITACA, SUSHIDROP, PRIZEFISH and BLUE KEP that have tested innovative data-driven practices and approaches in the context of the blue economy.
The Final Conference was an event focused on sea economy and the objectives were to exchange and exploit projects’ result and to debate on “Data driven solution in the sea economy” and “Blue careers development and sustainable entrepreneurship in the Blue Economy”.
The event was introduced by Nikola Dobroslavić, President of the Adriatic Ionian with an overview of project achievements and possible future developments. Then, in the opening session, Ms. Natalija Adzic Interreg IT-HR Programme project manager gave her institutional greetings and provided an overview of the new 2021-2027 Programme with particular reference to the promotion of the bluesector.
- Luca De Marchi, from Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna (LP) briefly explored the objectives, activities and results of the project.
- Carmela Vaccaro Project Officer of the Adriatic Ionian Euroregion, Communication WP leader, presented the communication tools and activities carried out during project implementation
- Simone Libralato from OGS – Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale, project partner, got into the details of the clustering thematic activities that characterised WP3.
The Conference proceed with a stakeholders Round table: “Data driven solutions in the sea economy” moderated by Luca Mulazzani (Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna). The contributors to the first round table were:
- Lav BAVČEVIĆ – Associate professor of Department of Ecology, Agronomy and Aquaculture, University of Zadar
- Mauro COSOLO – Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
- Luca DI NICOLA – InfoTeam expert in innovative IT solutions in the “Blue Economy” sector
- Thomas GALVAN – Researcher at AGRI.TE.CO. s.c.
- Giuseppe GARGANO – CREA Bari
- Mateo IVANAC – Representative of the Croatian Chamber of Economy, “Interreg ITA-HR InnovaMare”
- Mario LOVRINOV – Director of Maribu d.o.o.
- Daniela MARIĆ PFANNKUCHEN – Ruđer Bošković Institute, “Interreg ITA-HR CASCADE”
- Federico MORA – 3D&Realtime artist – consultant of “Accademia Italiana Videogiochi” (AIV)
- Marijana PEĆAREVIĆ – Vice Rector for science and international relations at University of Dubrovnik
- Andrea TORRESAN – ARPA Regione Veneto “Interreg ITA-HR MARLESS”
- Piergiorgio VASI – Emilia Romagna Region
After the first round table, the conference continued with the 2nd section focused on “Blue careers development and sustainable entrepreneurship in the Blue Economy”. The second round table was moderated by Valentina Andrić from the Croatian Ministry of Agriculture. The contributors in the second round table were:
- Massimo BELLAVISTA – Emilia-Romagna Fishing and Aquaculture Manager of Legacoop Agroalimentare
- Valerio Roberto CAVALLUCCI – Director, FLAG Costa dei Trabocchi
- Mario CVJETOVIĆ – ORKA d.o.o.
- Antonio FRANUŠIĆ – Fishery and shellfish craft “Tonći”
- Giorgia GIOACCHINI – Prof. of the Department of Life and Environmental Sciences (DISVA), Polytechnic University of Marche
- Otello GIOVANARDI – CNR-IRBIM Associate Professor
- Marco SPINADIN – President of the FLAG Chioggia e Delta del Po
More info about the event: Project website
Photos of the Conference