Title and Acronym: ProADAS : Promotion of Active Digital Ageing Skills
EU Programme: Erasmus+
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Lead Partner: European University Cyprus
Partners: European University Cyprus – Cyprus (P1); Initiation des Seniors aux NTIC Association E-Seniors – France (P2); Erasmus Hoge School Brussel – Belgium (P3); CSI Center For Social Innovation LTD – Cyprus (P4); Diciannove Società Cooperativa – Italy (P5); Xenios Polis. Culture, Science and Action – Greece (P6); Adriatic Ionian Euroregion – Croatia (P7)
Project length: 24 months (from 1/10/2018 to 30/09/2020)
Project Total Budget: 261.841 Euro
EU co-financing: 100% of total budget
Objectives: Pro-ADAS project aims at tackling the gap between ageing population and digital literacy and address the high necessity for digital key competences due to seniors population proportion in Europe.
Indeed, according to the Digital Agenda for Europe (2014-2020), enhancing digital literacy, skills and inclusion is one of the main priorities while due to the European Economic and Social Committee, all Europeans – and here elderly people- must become e-seniors as soon as possible. On the other aspect of the context, active ageing means that senior citizens activate themselves in order to be as much as possible independent, and autonomous, taking part in personal, societal, economical life along with their own contribution; digital skills play a crucial role and promotion of Active Digital Skills “proADAS” is oriented to a proper methodology and subsequent results triggering these skills and leading the elderly to be a live part of our society.
The proADAS’s targets are:
- Strengthen and reinforce the relative institutions and centers, stakeholders, experts and practitioners in the fields of adult education & lifelong learning, digital education & promotion of active ageing competences; empower relative training providers adult’s educators and older people’s carers to successfully deal with seniors’ training and the variety of cases;
- Make digital competences more accessible to seniors over 60-year old and increase the use of ICT at all levels;
- Enhance seniors competences and skills -thus their social participation and quality of life-in the proper way so that they are positively included into society and preventing their isolation concerning specially gender difference & in regards with digital technology and developments;
- Use innovative methods and supportive packages with digital tools & Open Educational Resources towards trainers and trainees needs;
- Construct a real methodology and approaches gathered in a curriculum tailored to seniors characteristics and needs with educational practices and learning materials arising from and adapted to the variety and variability of the third age.
As another perspective, proADAS has an impact on the society, culture, and the economy as a whole, contributing at the same time in the alliance of societal challenges, cultural capital, technological developments and economical growth: elderly are also considered to be leading also the socio-financial growth in the local and national context, as culture givers, potential tourists, consumers, entrepreneurs- social & individual-volunteers, etc.
Last, the project enhances the international and European dimension of active digital ageing accompanied with an impact on relevant decision makers, since the high ageing population proportion in Europe along with the high age division and the low digital literacy asks for steady encouraging policies.
Participants: The project involves institutions, public and private bodies, governmental services, NGOs, community center representatives, along with professionals, stakeholders and practitioners, adults training providers, social workers, educators, medical and nursing staff oriented to the elderly people caring, any interested parties; additionally in specific events, there are senior citizens as well, as the end-users and the population groups who are empowered though the ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and on ICT for their own life and their active ageing.
- Preliminary review & research paper (O1) with a dual focus: first, on existing situation along with relative research on previous practices available in the participating countries and second, on a multidimensional research with the elderly’ experts, trainers and the elderly themselves concerning their specific needs, characteristics.
- Development/ Incorporation and Sustainability results: The Curriculum proADAS (O2); The Handbook (O3); The proADAS e-learning courses (O4) through e-platform; E-learning courses; The proADAS Mobile Application (O5).
- Dissemination results: The proADAS Book-scientific outcome (O6); Specific Website; Social networks (e.g. facebook, twitter, pinterest, linkedin); MEDIA, local and national ones (radio, TV, newspapers, magazines); Posters and Leaflets; newsletters campaigns; Info Days; Seminars/Workshops; Final Conference.
- Monitoring and Evaluation results: Quality plan, the Reports, and the Evaluation Findings.
Erasmus+ Programme: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/