The President of the Adriatic Ionian Euroregion, Nikola Dobroslavić will be one of the panelists in the opening session of the 3rd EUSAIR Forum which will be held in Catania (Italy) from 24-25 May 2018.
Nikola Dobroslavić will act as chair of the Adriatic-Ionian Interregional Group at the Committee of the Regions.
The key message of the President will be that regions, as well as key local stakeholders and networks, should be much more involved in the EUSAIR implementation process as relevant actors able to provide concrete solutions to the macro regional area.
Other keynote addresses will be provided by other high level speakers such as:
– Angelino ALFANO, Minister of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation, Italy
– Corina CRETU, European Commissioner for Regional Policy (video message)
– Karmenu VELLA, European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (video message)
– Michela GIUFFRIDA, REGI Committee, European Parliament
– Stefano PALMIERI, President ECO section, European Economic and Social Committee
After the key notes speeches, a panel discussion will take place with all the ministers of the 8 EUSAIR Countries and the European Commission. Since now the speakers confirmed are as follows:
• Iorgos KATROUGKALOS, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Greece
• Boris GRIGIC, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs, Croatia
• Josip GELO, Ambassador, Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Gazmend BARBULLUSHI, Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Albania
• Lena ANDERSSON PENCH, DG REGIO, European Commission
• Iztok MIROŠIČ, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Slovenia
• Ivica DACIC, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Serbia
• Srdjan DARMANOVIC, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Montenegro
• Claudio DE VINCENTI, Minister for Territorial Cohesion and the South, Italy
The Forum is organised by the Italian Republic in close cooperation with the European Commission and with the support of the EUSAIR Facility Point. The annual event aims to raise visibility of the EUSAIR and reflect on the progress made since the 2nd Forum held in Ioannina in May 2017. This year’s Forum will focus on the Connectivity issues, especially on challenges and opportunities for Transport and Energy networks in the EUSAIR region.
The participants will also have the chance to discuss funding mechanisms for all four thematic pillars of the EUSAIR and share concrete ideas on the future prospects of the Strategy.
Further information and agenda are available on official EUSAIR website
Registration deadline has been extended until 23 May 2018.