AdriGov, an European project that aims to support the Euroregion
AdriGov (Adriatic Governance Operational Plan) is an European Territorial Cooperation project financed under the IPA Adriatic Cross Border Cooperation Programme, coordinated by Molise Region. The 13 regional authorities started the project initiative thanks to their membership of the Adriatic-Ionian Euroregion.
The project aims to strength the institutional cooperation in the Adriatic-Ionian area providing a significant contribution to the cross board cooperation. The overall objective of AdriGov is to define and implement an Adriatic governance Operational Plan, reinforcing the institutional cooperation and promoting a shared model of governance in the Adriatic and Ionian basin.
The project pursues a close involvement of some relevant stakeholders, in particular regional and local administrations. The pursues some specific objectives, such as:
· To contribute to the accession process into the European Union membership of Adriatic partner countries by: reinforcing their relations with the European institutions and relevant actors; promoting EU legislation and acquis communautaire transposition; enhance the multi-level governance and the regional dimension of EU policies.
· to contribute to define the cross border cooperation in post IPA planning, in particular with an effective contribution to the consultation process of the EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region “EUSAIR”
· to implement knowledge-transfer actions, enhancing information and awareness on European integration and EU accession process improving the knowledge and skills of representatives of the involved local and regional authorities.
· To improve the local authorities planning capacity, through training courses and experience exchanges in order to acquire specific skills concerning European project cycle management, structural funds management, fund raising and networking activities.
The project has the purpose to involve the entire Euroregion and its partner institutions even if only 13 AIE members are directly involved, as final beneficiary, in the project implementation:
1. Molise Region
2. Region of Istra
3. Dubrovnik-Neretva County (through the Agency DUNEA)
4. Puglia Region
5. Municipality of Kotor
6. Region of Marche
7. Friuli Venezia Giulia (through the Agency Informest)
8. Veneto Region
9. Region Abruzzo
10. Region of Epirus
11. Emilia Romagna Region
12. Regional Council of Shkodra
13. Herzegovina Neretva Canton
For more information about the AdriGov project, visit the project website: www.adrigov.eu
And contact the Project Coordinator – Regione Molise – tel. 0039 0874 314674 – e-mail: adrigov(at)regione.molise.it