FUNCTIONS OF THE PRESIDENT
The Adriatic Ionian Euroregion has the President and two Vice-President. They are elected by the Assembly for a term of two years. Usually the President and the Vice-Presidents are from different countries and from the two sides of the Adriatic and Ionian Seas. The President and Vice President are elected by a majority vote of the presents at the elective assembly.
- He/She is the legal representative of the AIE;
- Coordinates the work of the AIE;
- Convene and chair the Assembly and the Executive Committee;
- Manages the AIE in accordance with the decisions of the Assembly;
Performs other tasks defined by the statute.
Mr. Nikola DOBROSLAVIĆ
Born in Slano, Croatia, on 2nd January 1949, he has a degree in Philosophy and English language teacher gained at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zadar. He is the Prefect of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County (Croatia).
- Head of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County
- manager of hotel Osmine in Slano
- deputy manager of hotel Osmine in Slano
- restaurant manager in the hotels Admiral and Osmine in Slano
- Computer skills: use of MS Office
- Languages: English (active use of spoken and written English, English language teacher)
- 2003 – 2009 – Municipal Prefect in the Municipality of Dubrovačko primorje
- 1997 – 2001 – Municipal Prefect in the Municipality of Dubrovačko primorje
- 1997 – 2009 – Member of the Municipal Council in the Municipality of Dubrovačko primorje
- Member of HDZ and president of the HDZ Municipal Board in the municipality of Dubrovačko primorje
- President of the crisis management committee in Slano
- local community president in Slano
As AIE President, Mr. Nikola DOBROSLAVIĆ wants to strengthen the role of regional and local governments, especially in the promotion and implementation of the European strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian region, insisting, in particular, on projects for transport connections in the region.
LIST OF PRESIDENTS OF THE AIE
Dec. 2015 – ongoing : Mr. Nikola DOBROSLAVIĆ – Dubrovnik-Neretva County (HR)
Dec. 2013 – Dec. 2015 : Mr. Paolo DI LAURA FRATTURA – Molise Region (IT)
Jun. 2011 – Dec. 2013: Michele IORIO- Molise Region (IT)
Jun. 2006 – Jun. 2011: Ivan JAKOVČIĆ – Region of Istria (HR)